Dynamic Views

View Posts in a simple and elegant manner with Dynamic Views.Click here to activate Dynamic Views

Thursday 15 March 2012

Tale of the buried

3rd December, 1984. Time-1:00 p.m. Location-Bhopal. On that very morning history was written. Nothing like it had ever happened. Strangely, 8000 people perished instantly as that moment of history was made.

That history you know as the Bhopal Gas Tragedy.

There is one very famous photo that stood-and still stands for the tragic tale-the tale of how capitalism, in its carelessness and greed, imposed silence on thousands of innocents, and how that silence still haunts the unlucky survivors.

What is he saying here?

Look in my eyes
I hope you are able to see
How my eyes reflect
My childhood ecstasy

I hope those eyes show you
the glory of the childhood
I was happy living in
The mother whose love
had sustained me here
is now deeply grievin'

Even I don't know 
What happened to her
Maybe she is now sleeping
Free from all danger

Look in my eyes
Do you see the dream?
It's what I lived for
It made my life gleam

Alas, I am a-silly
How can you look into
the memory of my eyes?
Like a baby in a blanket
The gas has clouded
My memories, now they're more opaque
than ice.





1 comment:

  1. a very good and heart touching poem bro hats off to u

    ReplyDelete

This was a nugget of my mind. What do you think about it?